Term 3 Week 1
Dear Parents, Carers and Students,
Welcome back to all families for what we hope will be a wonderful term full of successes for all students. Highlights from a whole school perspective will include NAIDOC celebrations next week, Education Week celebrations, Stage 3 excursion, Gold Coast Eisteddfod, district athletics carnival, Kindy Frolic, P&C Carnivale, annual bookfair and various other events.
KINDY 2017 PARENT INFORMATION EVENING
Families are reminded that the first of our 2017 Kindergarten events takes place next Wednesday 27th July in the hall at 6.00pm. This will be in the form of a parent information session outlining the procedures for coming months – including orientation, out-of-zone interviews and the final parent session for enrolled Kindy 2017 students.
We begin the term with several staffing changes:
- We welcome back Miss McGoldrick following relieving teaching principal role in Murwillumbah in 2015 and the first half of 2016 – she will be filling various roles beginning with class 3/4J until Mrs Jenkins returns in week 3.
- Mrs Hardy who returns to her role as KH teacher.
- Mrs Nix who returns to teach class 2N on a 3 day / 2 day per week basis with Mrs Sue Rawlings
- We welcome a new school counsellor – Ms Janene Skaines who replaces Mrs Sandra Parker who will continue working in local high schools
- Mrs Germany is on leave for the first two weeks and will be replaced by Mrs Jessica Thompson.
- Mr McRae is on leave for the first week replaced by Mr Matthew Butler
- Sandy Oswald will run the canteen on a tender basis as from the beginning of this term 5 days per week. Thanks to Cathy Barrington-Smith for her efforts as canteen coordinator over the last 7 years
- Amanda Jarrett (Saunders) is on maternity leave and Mrs Rawlings will replace her each Friday
- Our Friday General Assistant will be Peter Hastrich replacing Ryan Stoddart for the rest of this year.
- Congratulations to Mr Chalmers and his wife Jess on the arrival of their (first) baby son last night – a very exciting time for the Chalmers family.
SCHOOL ASSEMBLY CHANGE
Due to the celebration of NAIDOC Day and Education Week in week 2 and 3 our next “normal” whole school assembly and Principal Awards will not be until Monday week 4 (8th August).
NEW BUS APPLICATION PROCEDURES
The Department of Transport has implemented an on-line process for all new bus pass applications, all notifications of change of address details and all Year 2 & Year 6 students the year before they transition to Year 3 and Year 6 respectively. Please see the department’s published document within the newsletter for more information.