Term 3 Week 3
Dear Parents, Carers and Students,
- All students involved in our big NAIDOC Week, Education Week and TRHS Ed Vu assemblies in recent weeks. This includes: Indigenous student’s leading of our NAIDOC assembly Stage 2 indigenous dance group Choir, recorder, dance and band performances at Education Week assembly.
- Our boy’s Rugby League team for their outstanding efforts in maintaining an unbeaten record in the PSSA state knockout with a win over Tweed Heads PS 36 - 12 on Tuesday. Their next match is against Kendall PS from lower north coast area. The winner of that game will be the North Coast champion team.
- Amariah P, Evie C and Indiana B for their efforts at the NSW cross country championships in Sydney in week 1.
- Amber B for her efforts at the NSW netball state championships with the NC team.
- Good luck to our boy’s softball and girl’s and boy’s touch teams at next week’s PSSA gala days and Gold Coast Eisteddfod participants.
- All Stage 3 teachers (Mrs Wilson, Mrs Henderson, Ms Sampson, Mr Bowkett, Mrs Esgate, Mrs Cargill, Mrs Regan and Mrs See) for sacrificing their own family time last week during a very successful Stage 3 camp at Lake Ainsworth. The teachers also gave high commendation to the students for their behaviour and engagement during the three days. A great team effort by all.
- All families who hosted Japanese students in the last two weeks and to Mrs Henderson for coordinating the program in consultation with Jodie Yamada and visiting staff.
Parents are reminded that the Premier’s spelling bee and public speaking finals and the Gold Coast Eisteddfod will be held in the next two weeks.